Let’s talk color. In addition to style and functional trends, color trends also set the tone of design.
Incorporating bold color always creates a pop of excitement in a space. Previous pantone colors of the years are displayed beautifully in the same items as shown below (Tangerine Tango, Mimosa, Radiant Orchid, and Blue Iris).
Teal continues to be a top choice for designers. This chesterfield sofa from Eleanor Rigby Company was amazingly comfortable and would definitely make a statement in South Beach.
And this Bernhardt bed is just gorgeous in this blue color.
We also saw a lot of Pink accents this trip! Was so refreshing in so many hues..
Rose colored case pieces at Stanley
Sophisticated hues at Bernhardt
And mixing all them together creates a fun look for everyone to enjoy!
We love that time of year when the color of the year is announced. This year it is Radiant Orchid! With all the purple we saw at the recent High Point market, it seemed inevitable and we love it! Previous colors were Emerald, Tangerine Tango, Honeysuckle, Turqoise, and Mimosa. Mmm, a mimosa sounds delicious! Well, we have lots of hot purple and orchid colored furniture for you to shop from. Enjoy!
These are the cutest kids rooms I saw at market. The new Stanley Furniture showroom in High Point showcases designer looks, in addition to new furniture introductions. They were very creative when it came to kids rooms; using ordinary items and presenting them in a whole new light! Because I have two girls, I was drawn to two particularly fun rooms.. filled in large quantities of common items… pom poms, and origami birds! Yes, anyone can make this happen. I was informed that it only cost about $100 for each room. The origami birds they found through etsy, and the ombre pattern with the pom poms give it a real modern look. The sky is the limit. What this teaches us is that any kids room can be spectacular. If you have basic furnishings, which most of us do, all we need is a little ingenuity and they can look like a million bucks! Hope you enjoy!
High Point Market just wrapped up last week and it was great! As many of you may know, market is the place to go for buyers to do all their furniture and accessory buying for the coming season. It also is a destination for interior designers to get trend and and design ideas. I put together a board to show you the top 5 design trends I noticed:
1. Dark colored walls in a bedroom. Many showrooms had beautiful beds with dark moody brown or navy colored walls. If you ask me, I think it’s kinda sexy.
2. White washed/distressed wood furniture has been around for a few years now, and I don’t see it going away anytime soon. This look is great in a modern, or beachy space. it Has a very transitional look which makes it appealing to many buyers.
3. Curved sofas and sectionals. By far, my favorite new trend… Curved sofas tend to bring living rooms a softness to a more typical perpendicular room arrangement, while offering a more comfortable conversational feel.
4. Aviation. Restoration hardware did it again! They brought that urban loft look to the main stream a few years ago, and it continues, now with aviation inspired design, and it is HOT!
5. Last, but not least.. Watery Colors! Whether it be blues, greens, or yellows, the color trend for this season gives a beach and springtime feel. It’s light and airy, and puts you in a good mood.
I hope you enjoyed these design trends. More market posts planned for you so stay on the look out!