High Point Market was another success! We enjoyed seeing the new products from our Vendors and even visited some new ones. My favorite part this year were the new fabrics. The smooth microfiber is looking to be a thing of the past and now everything is made up with chenille or textured fabrics. It gives the furniture an overall high end look, and who doesn’t want that, right?
Another favorite is the beautiful beds! I’m always impressed with the different woods finishes and upholstery, and details that go into creating such a big piece of furniture! Here are a few photos of my favorites!
The Industrial style is still trending and many of our vendors used Furniture Market to showcase their products. I saw several dining tables with iron and metal legs, lots of bar stools and accent tables too! Check out a few of my favorites!
Last week, I had the pleasure of attending Furniture Market in High Point, NC. Everything from the weather to new product selection was fantastic! What stood out to me were the fabric selections from various vendors, here a few of my favorites!
Let’s talk color. In addition to style and functional trends, color trends also set the tone of design.
Incorporating bold color always creates a pop of excitement in a space. Previous pantone colors of the years are displayed beautifully in the same items as shown below (Tangerine Tango, Mimosa, Radiant Orchid, and Blue Iris).
Teal continues to be a top choice for designers. This chesterfield sofa from Eleanor Rigby Company was amazingly comfortable and would definitely make a statement in South Beach.
And this Bernhardt bed is just gorgeous in this blue color.
We also saw a lot of Pink accents this trip! Was so refreshing in so many hues..
Rose colored case pieces at Stanley
Sophisticated hues at Bernhardt
And mixing all them together creates a fun look for everyone to enjoy!
I had the pleasure of traveling to North Carolina to attend High Point Market 2014. It’s always great to see new furniture and ideas from our vendors. I took as many pictures I could to share with you, so check out the first of many posts from Michelle and I!
Here are some of my favorite dining room pieces!
This one has a fire place in it!
I love this bar from Paula Deen
Now that is a great hide-a-bar!
The mix of wood and metal elements has always caught my eye. These next two photos were some of my favorites.
High Point Market just wrapped up last week and it was great! As many of you may know, market is the place to go for buyers to do all their furniture and accessory buying for the coming season. It also is a destination for interior designers to get trend and and design ideas. I put together a board to show you the top 5 design trends I noticed:
1. Dark colored walls in a bedroom. Many showrooms had beautiful beds with dark moody brown or navy colored walls. If you ask me, I think it’s kinda sexy.
2. White washed/distressed wood furniture has been around for a few years now, and I don’t see it going away anytime soon. This look is great in a modern, or beachy space. it Has a very transitional look which makes it appealing to many buyers.
3. Curved sofas and sectionals. By far, my favorite new trend… Curved sofas tend to bring living rooms a softness to a more typical perpendicular room arrangement, while offering a more comfortable conversational feel.
4. Aviation. Restoration hardware did it again! They brought that urban loft look to the main stream a few years ago, and it continues, now with aviation inspired design, and it is HOT!
5. Last, but not least.. Watery Colors! Whether it be blues, greens, or yellows, the color trend for this season gives a beach and springtime feel. It’s light and airy, and puts you in a good mood.
I hope you enjoyed these design trends. More market posts planned for you so stay on the look out!