High Point Market just wrapped up last week and it was great! As many of you may know, market is the place to go for buyers to do all their furniture and accessory buying for the coming season. It also is a destination for interior designers to get trend and and design ideas. I put together a board to show you the top 5 design trends I noticed:
1. Dark colored walls in a bedroom. Many showrooms had beautiful beds with dark moody brown or navy colored walls. If you ask me, I think it’s kinda sexy.
2. White washed/distressed wood furniture has been around for a few years now, and I don’t see it going away anytime soon. This look is great in a modern, or beachy space. it Has a very transitional look which makes it appealing to many buyers.
3. Curved sofas and sectionals. By far, my favorite new trend… Curved sofas tend to bring living rooms a softness to a more typical perpendicular room arrangement, while offering a more comfortable conversational feel.
4. Aviation. Restoration hardware did it again! They brought that urban loft look to the main stream a few years ago, and it continues, now with aviation inspired design, and it is HOT!
5. Last, but not least.. Watery Colors! Whether it be blues, greens, or yellows, the color trend for this season gives a beach and springtime feel. It’s light and airy, and puts you in a good mood.
I hope you enjoyed these design trends. More market posts planned for you so stay on the look out!
In lieu of the Midwest getting toppled with snow in April, I thought we could bring the garden party inside! Freshen up your space with blooming floral, intricate lattice work, and spring time colors! Paired with a neutral painted wall; The bright Bayliss Curtain Panels from Eastern Accents really bring it all together. The Hooker Furniture Sanctuary Console can make a small space seem bigger with it’s mirrored doors. The accent tables help make the space seem airy and light. All the furniture and accent pieces I choose for this look are some of my favorite pieces. When you mix them up, they create a happy, yet beautiful, place to sit, relax, and read a book or two, nestled up in a pile of softness. A friend of mine once said, “You can never have too many pillows!”
Here it is; the first design board on the blog and I designed it just for you! I wanted to create a neutral living room with a cozy, yet modern feel to it. For as little as $3,700 you can easily create this comfy design from the 8 x 10 area rug, to the lighting, upholstery and occasional tables by mixing and matching various brands like Broyhill, Magnussen and angelo:Home. Don’t forget to finish your favorite design by covering the walls with a coordinating color. For this design I recommend Gray Mirage by Benjamin Moore. It will ground the room, yet create a subtle contrast against the beige sofa. If you like what you see, view the items below and then shop with us now to find exactly what you’re looking for to create the room of your dreams! Thank you and I’d love to hear your thoughts on this design. See you later!