April 2013 market design trends
High Point Market just wrapped up last week and it was great! As many of you may know, market is the place to go for buyers to do all their furniture and accessory buying for the coming season. It also is a destination for interior designers to get trend and and design ideas. I put together a board to show you the top 5 design trends I noticed:
1. Dark colored walls in a bedroom. Many showrooms had beautiful beds with dark moody brown or navy colored walls. If you ask me, I think it’s kinda sexy.
2. White washed/distressed wood furniture has been around for a few years now, and I don’t see it going away anytime soon. This look is great in a modern, or beachy space. it Has a very transitional look which makes it appealing to many buyers.
3. Curved sofas and sectionals. By far, my favorite new trend… Curved sofas tend to bring living rooms a softness to a more typical perpendicular room arrangement, while offering a more comfortable conversational feel.
4. Aviation. Restoration hardware did it again! They brought that urban loft look to the main stream a few years ago, and it continues, now with aviation inspired design, and it is HOT!
5. Last, but not least.. Watery Colors! Whether it be blues, greens, or yellows, the color trend for this season gives a beach and springtime feel. It’s light and airy, and puts you in a good mood.
I hope you enjoyed these design trends. More market posts planned for you so stay on the look out!